Sit and contemplate my day

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Me again!

Hiiiii friends! What is up? Clearly not much here as it has been a month and a half since my last post. I know what you've all been missing the most is my excellent movie reviews, so I'll just get right to those:

Shampoo: AFI says it's in the top 100 funniest movies. To AFI I say: Sham. Poo. Ugh, not good.
Being John Malkovich: Hot damn is Charlie Kaufman one crazy guy. Good movie though.
The Way We Were: All men are scum, even Robert Redford.
Manhattan: All women are scum, even Diane Keaton.
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex, But Were Afraid to Ask: Hilarious. I think I like Woody Allen best in short segments.
Thank You For Smoking: This is what we in THE BIZ like to call "a movie I will soon own on DVD."

That's not as many movies as it should be. I was kind of a Netflix slacker this last month. I'm embarrassed.

Anyhoo... what else? My indoor soccer season ended, sadly. I mean it didn't end SADLY, but I was SAD that it ENDED. It actually ended quite well: 4 game winning streak and the team's first winning season ever! Not too bad for a bunch of people over 30... Next up in team sports is the Mills James softball team. I have a slight fear that this won't be as much fun because I REALLY suck at softball, but hopefully my team won't hate me because of that. Fingers crossed.

Other events since I last wrote: Kirsten and I went to see Justin Timberlake in concert. It. Was. Awesome. Don't laugh, I'm serious. That young man is quite the performer. I also think it's impossible not to love him after watching him on SNL. He's, like, a total genius.

Lancaster Chorale had a performance. We were supposed to have two, but one was turned in to an open rehearsal since two of our other rehearsals were cancelled due to weather. The open rehearsal was kind of blah, but the performance went really well. We have one more concert in May which, honestly, I'm not thrilled about. We haven't started rehearsals yet, so hopefully my opinion will change, but the music looks L A M E. I'll keep you posted.

Kirsten and I did our part to support the arts in Upper Arlington when we attended UAHS's production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. Can I just say: it was amazing. SO amazing. We lurrrved it. We continue to look back on the evening with fondness and wonderment. And we appreciate it all the more after the crap "professional" musical we saw a few weeks later: "A Light in the Piazza"... NOT amazing. We did NOT lurrrve it. Seriously. It blew.

I recently celebrated my six monthaversary with Mills James. Our love is not what it once was, but I suppose we're hanging in there. Hey, no relationship is perfect, am I right?! Let's just say if New Jersey comes calling me any time soon, I'm outta here.

The time since my last post has also been a big time for birthdays of people I love!!! Let me give it for: MARI MAYE! ASHLEY! SHAWBIE! VIVIAN! Honestly, thank gawwwd you peeps were born.

I guess that's the last month a half... how odd. Time keeps on tickin tickin tickin, don't it! Which, right now, I consider a good thing because it's time for me to leave work. Hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home