Sit and contemplate my day

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Some Random

When I was a kid, I used to narrate my life as it was happening. It was in my head, so it wasn't outwardly weird, but even as I would do it I thought, why do I do this, it's so weird. "The girl walked across the bridge, heading toward the playground, wondering what more this day would throw at her." I was like, 7 years old.

I never had an imaginary friend as a child. I really wanted one, but I never saw anybody who wasn't there. I wasn't sure if the other kids who claimed to have imaginary friends actually SAW them or not, but I knew that if I claimed to have an imaginary friend I would be lying. I wonder at what point in my life I lost that strong grip on reality.

I need to learn how to cook. I've eaten dinner at Kirsten's house for the last 4 days in a row. For the other meals I eat Fruit Loops. Here are my problems: a) I am one person. Cooking for one is hard. I think. b) I hate touching raw meat. It's gross. I also worry so much that I have undercooked the meat that I can't enjoy it, I psych myself out and end up feeling sick regardless. c) I'm lazy.

I am oversensitive to a fault. I need a thicker skin.

My computer battery is about to die. That makes me sad because I would like to continue rambling. I start work on Monday. I have my outfit picked out, now I just have to worry about not embarrassing myself. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home