Sit and contemplate my day

Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Year, Similar Margaret

Well hello. Do I still have reader(singular; don't give up on me Ashley! p.s. I will email you someday probably)? If so, get ready for a rocking post filled with insight and rocking.

First off: Happy New Year! Holy Eff it's 2007, where is my life going?!

I'm currently at my suddenly very busy job ignoring the long list of things I have to do. I've been pretty good at handling double the work load I had grown accustomed to, but today I just feel like doing nothing. Maybe things would be different if I wasn't so damn cold. There is one section of this building that is always cold no matter what, and that's where I happen to sit. It's unfortunate. But true.

Anyways, life is pretty good. I'm enjoying the routine I have going which is wake up, work, gym, evening activity, shower, bed. I enjoy it the best when the evening activity is sitting on my ass watching TV. Surprisingly (and a little bit sadly), that has not been the evening activity very often. Margaret's been, if not a social butterfly, then at least a social...gnat? I dunno. A few recent activities have been catching a co-worker's band play at a shady bar, weekly Don Pablo's dinners with my dear Kirsten, St. Mark's choir as usual, Christmas parties (waaaay back when it was Christmas), and high school reunions (with both my high school and my adopted boys catholic high school). It's been a good month.

Best news of my life is that I'm going to Chicago next weekend. I'm taking Friday off of work, flying in, and am prepared to have a swonderful time. Mari and Mike will be there as well. I think it will be a weekend filled with finding bridesmaid dresses. It will probably be a liiiittle hard finding a dress that I won't want to kill myself in while Ann is standing near me wearing the same dress... but hopefully we can work something out.

I will close this post with my ever helpful and insightful movie reviews (as Netflix remains a vital part of my life, most of these reviews are about a year out of date):

The Holiday- love love LOVED it. Instant fave.
Night at the Museum- didn't hate it.
Dreamgirls- didn't LOVE it. Don't think it deserves all the hype.
An Inconvenient Truth- Terrifying
A Prairie Home Companion- really ungood.
American Dreamz- funny. I laughed.
The OH in Ohio- not as funny as it should have been.
Imagine Me & You- ugh. really bad.
Mansfield Park- Jane Austen makes good movies, but this was no P&P

Ok. Back to not working. Happy Thursdaying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home