Sit and contemplate my day

Friday, September 15, 2006

Update-a-roo

Hello friends and neighbors.

SO. Your friend Margaret has received a job offer from Mills James! Wonder of wonders. Right now I'm "thinking about it." I'm actually supposed to be giving them an answer within the next 20 minutes, but the HR guy and I are talking some numbers. I'm playing a little hardball with good old MJP. A little fact I've learned about myself: I am not good at playing hardball, I do not like playing hardball, I'm probably going to throw up in a little bit here. I love money, but talking about it just reminds me: "Shit, I'm awkward."

I do want this job though. I've admired Mills James from afar (i.e. via their website) for a long time, and I think I'll really like working there. A part of me is really sad that I won't be able to take the RSCM job, but the timing is just off. They won't be ready to hire anyone for awhile, and I'm not in a position to be turning down jobs here. And while the RSCM job would have been a great first job for me, I know this one will too. It always works out. This is what I've learned from life so far.

This means I'm staying in Columbus which brings me to more good news: I got into the Lancaster Chorale. I had pretty much given up on it since I hadn't heard anything for a few weeks, but then suddenly I got my contract in the mail. So, super. I've been listening to some of the songs they have on their website, and I'm really excited. It also helps that Mark Bilyeu is THRILLED that I've gotten into this group, and his excitement was certainly contagious!

Upcoming events: I've decided it's time I made my way back to the greater Chicagoland area, so this Friday I'm hopping in my Camry and heading out. Mari and Mike are going to be in town, so we're going to have a lovely little reunion in Wrigleyville Friday night. Then for the rest of the weekend, I thought I'd find myself a nice little La Quinta Inn and go to the zoo.

Alright, it's time I got back to my friend HR Bob. GUYS! I have a job! I'm going to have a cubicle and get to wear my amazing business suits from Banana Republic! It's a good day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Ashley in HK said...

HOOORAY! I'm so damn excited for you and a little jealous of the Banana Republic suits. That's a little rich for my blood, I'll just have to have cheap copies made in Shenzhen.

Congrats!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home