Sit and contemplate my day

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

"Working" from Home

So... I hate snow. Well, I hate snow when it interferes with my life, and THAT is exactly what it is doing as of late. I am currently at home because my car is stuck at the end of the driveway. My arms hurt from shoveling, shoveling sucks, boo shoveling. I've told the office that I'm going to try to make it in for the afternoon, but, honestly, I think it would be pointless.

Snow has also uhffected (I've decided I'm going to give up figuring out whether I'm supposed to say affected or effected, so instead I will say uhffected always) the Lancaster Chorale schedule. Rehearsal was cancelled last Tuesday and last night. Our concert may end up being postponed. Which would suck. Cause I like to sing. For money.

Anyhoo... what else have I been up to in the last month? My job is still ridiculously busy (except for today, cause everybody is stuck at home and all the businesses are closed), and no me gusta. Is there such thing as a 4 month slump? Cause I am in it. Here's hoping I snap out of that soon, perhaps in 11 days when I celebrate my 5 monthaversary. I'll keep you posted.

Latest new activity: my co-worker's husband's company has a co-ed (over 30) indoor soccer team which I am now a part of. Love love love it. It takes me back to the glory days of Swarks floor hockey. Go team.

Also, my trip to Chicago was fantastic. We found dresses!! They. Are. Perfect. They're from Ann Taylor, and they're green, and they're perfect. Dress day started off really badly, though. We went to Macy's first, which was just horrible. I was not at all hopeful that we would be successful. Then we went to Ann Taylor and it was just magical. Can't wait for 7-7-07.

And now it is time for Margaret's Movie Reviews, just as timely as ever:
16 Candles- Hilarious. And now I get the references made in so many other movies. Special.
Win a Date With Tad Hamilton- I would not kick Topher Grace out of bed, that's for damn sure.
Stick It- This was no Bring It On, but still funny. There should be more movies about gymnastics.
Kinsey- Very...educational.
Friends With Money- I liked this a lot! Except the writer thought it was over a lot earlier than I did.
Like Water for Chocolate- Um. Not good.
Step Up- Sorry, Caroline, but I HATED this!
Gosford Park- I had to watch it with subtitles, but I still enjoyed it.

Alright then, back to "work."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home