Sit and contemplate my day

Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Margaret's Life

Soooo where was I. Bethesda? Yeah that sucked. So after that I didn't do anything too important until it was time to return to RSCM for another year. This seriously has to be my last year. I've been saying that for a good three years now, but I mean it this time. This was quite a mediocre year. It wasn't awful, but every year has to be so dramatic for no reason. I guess you can't have 50 adolescent girls in one place and expect everything to run smoothly, but still, it's just ridiculous. Cacky and I still had an outstanding time together as we do every year. It's amazing that she's one of my oldest and dearest friends, yet over 12 years, we've only actually spent 2 months total together. Special.

And after that...well honestly, I've done very little since then. My days have all kind of run together. I wake up and wonder what day it is, then realize I have absolutely no reason to care. I had a temporary job which involved me calling people and begging them to take a political survey over the phone. The people I worked with were annoying and sad, the people I called were rude or apathetic, so overall, it was a really great experience. In all seriousness, it was easy money and I wish I could have done it longer, but oh well. I did get hit on over the phone once. This young man in Cincinnati took my survey and then asked me out. I turned him down, but I'm starting to regret it. He could have been THE ONE. Really the only bad part of the job was my annoying co-worker, an unemployed man approximately 45 years of age who resented the fact the he was working there because he had TWO Masters Degrees. Not one, but two. TWO MASTERS DEGREES. That's all I heard out of his mouth the whole time I was there. Then he would get upset when I completed more surveys than him. He even started making noise to try to distract me while I was on the phone. Neither one of his degrees was a masters in maturity, that's for damn sure.

I have been applying places in case anyone was wondering. Though I haven't actually applied anywhere I would be excited about working. But that works out well since no one has called asking me to work at any of those places. Something will happen soon, I'm 43% confident in saying. I think I'll probably apply at Barnes & Noble even though I didn't really want to go back there. I'm getting too bored to not apply.

I've been singing quite a bit. People from church choir have put together a small ensemble that is doing a bunch of early music. We're all dorks, but sometimes we sound pretty good. We have a concert a week from tonight actually. That's pretty terrifying, but I think it'll end up alright. I'm also auditioning for the Lancaster Chorale, which is a paying thing. My audition for that is Monday, so fingers crossed. And I'm officially the soprano section leader at St. Mark's. So I will be making at least $60 a week. Yep. I'm rich.

I think I'm going to stop for now. What's sad is that I could keep going with how little I've done. But I'll save it for next time! I got a drunk dial from Hong Kong today, which was very special. Thanks for the concern, but I promise I'm doing fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home