Sit and contemplate my day

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hello again

Ok, it's been too long. And now that I have potentially more than one reader (welcome Ashley!), it feels a little less egotistical to have a blog. Though, actually, it still does feel egotistical because I'm not doing anything interesting at all. I got Netflix! That's really been the highlight of my summer. No need to tell me that's sad, believe me, I'm well aware. But anyway, I'll just take you through some of the things I've been doing since that horrible day of May 21, 2006 when they handed me my diploma and ruined my life:

I'm back home in wonderful Upper Arlington, OH with my wonderful dog, Robbie. It really is nice because I'm living here rent free and my mother is out of town 5 days a week, so it's almost like living alone. I did a bit of traveling at the beginning of the summer. First up was a trip to Chicago where I stayed with Ann and Brianna in their lovely apartment. For about 3 minutes I entertained the idea of moving into the apartment downstairs from them. That ended when I realized there was no way I could afford it on my Lincoln Park Zoo Birthday Party Coordinator salary, and also when someone else moved into "my apartment" that weekend. Heart-breaking really, but mostly I'm over it now. Though eventually, I think a move to Chicago might be nice.

After Chicago, I made the trek down to Rural Hall, North Carolina to spend Father's Day with the old man. It was really nice because it had been at least 12 years since the last time I was with my father on Father's Day. And it was nice because my brothers Chris and Shaw were there as well. I know it meant a lot to Dad. So it was sweet.

The lovely weekend in North Carolina was followed immediately by the week from hell in Bethesda, Maryland. I had agreed to help at a music day camp because I had nothing else to do, and a lot of people had said nice things about me to the woman who was running the camp, and she sounded really desperate. It was a week of singing, African drumming, and hand chiming for kids who wouldn't have the opportunity to do that stuff on a regular basis. The problem was they didn't really want to have that opportunity so they hated the camp, they hated me, and I hated them right back. D.C. was nice though. I didn't have to pay for anything all week, and I got to spend time with the step-brother, Josh. Usually I only hang out with him on Thanksgiving Day for a couple of hours. Really I don't see my family nearly enough. This is a problem.

I'm going to stop for now because this is too ridiculously long for having nothing important to talk about. Maybe I'll be back in a month or so to talk about the rest of my summer up until now. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home